Tuesday 15 May 2012

late: Monday - off on the right foot

Better late than never...
I'm happy that the only reason my post is late is because I was achieving my intention of the week.

My Intention for this week is to conquer fears that appear in my life on a daily basis. 

Subtle fears can sometimes be the worst

These are the fears that are subtle but you know are holding you back from great possibilities. My fear I conquered yesterday was making a youtube video. I really can't stand hearing my voice and it was extremely hard to take that first step to even say one word in front of the camera. This is odd for me because I used to take acting classes and loved talking out loud all the time. Something must have occurred in my teenage years and now it's an effort to speak up around people. I'm gradually accomplishing this fear and have started to look for ways I can improve or even put myself in situations where I will have to speak up. So far so good!

I always remind myself when faced with my fear: What's the worst that could happen?  and to always live each day to the fullest.

Are there any subtle fears that hold you back? Any tips on how to overcome them?

-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs