Tuesday 29 May 2012

{Health Product Review} Vega: Energizing Smoothie

The kind people at Vega sent me some samples to review. Lucky for me I've been a fan of Vega Smoothie Infusion and this was a great chance for me to expand my love for them.

Energizing Smoothie is all-natural and plant-based powder. It's complete with protein, fibre and Omega-3's - the Vega Energizing Smoothie is alkaline-forming, free from dairy, gluten and soy, and contains no added sugar, artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners. Perfect for people with sensitivities.

The Verdict: LOVE em!


I used the Energizing Smoothie as my breakfast meal or as my afternoon pick me up.

Some reoccurring traits through them all:

*smooth taste
*an hour later I still felt satisfied and didn't have a sugar crash
*no chalky after taste
*enhances the other fruit flavors
*no "green/earthy" taste
*I would enjoy it as a "shake n' go" smoothie

I blended all of my smoothies with 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of almond milk.

Starting with my favourite:

Choc-a-lot Energizing Smoothie


The Choc-A-Lot Energizing Smoothie I blended with a frozen banana and ice cubes. It came out perfect. The chocolate wasn't overwhelming and didn't have that fake chocolate taste like you find with some protein powders.


Tropical Tango

I blended the Tropical Tango Energizing Smoothie with organic frozen fruit. I really enjoyed how fresh this tasted. It came across very natural.


Bodacious Berry


Sunday was a very busy day and I had accidentally skipped breakfast. After I had my lunch I felt like my body was still needing some energy. I decided to try the smoothie as a "pick me up" drink. It worked extremely well. In no time I was ready to continue on with my busy day. It felt really good to get the energy from a natural source instead of reaching for a processed energy drink. The berry flavor was refreshing.



Vanilla Almondilla


I'm not a huge vanilla smoothie powder fan but this I could go for again. It blended well with the other fruit flavors and would be easy to use with any combination. I would love to try this one again as a "shake-n-go" smoothie.

Final Result:

I will definitely be grabbing Vega Energizing Smoothies from my grocery!

-Michelle


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs