|Smoked Salmon Crostini's|
Food is on my brain and I'm itching to try out so many recipes this weekend. Okay, let's be honest here... I won't be doing the cooking but I'll suggest some ideas to the cook in the house, Scott (BF). We went out for dinner last night and by changing up my usual eating routine in the week it got my stomach wanting some new tastes. It doesn't help that Pinterest is amazing for some food photos. Now I just have to convince him to cook healthy food. He still loves his butter and fat, like every other meat & potato's man.
We have come a long way from the first days of dating though. I swear I gained 15lbs when I first started dating Scott. I couldn't refuse his home cooked meals. It was just such a sweet offering. After several plates loaded with dairy (cheese!) and covered with condiments, I just couldn't take it any more and had to start suggesting alternatives to the fat ridden ingredients. Slowly but surely we've come up with healthy versions of the classics. He also used to be a huge meat eater who loved his steak, ribs, and chicken. Scott has also started to incorporate more fish into his diet which makes it easier to plan meals together.
What are you eating this weekend? Are you splurging and having a "cheat day" or are you sticking to your healthy nutritious meals?
A few healthy recipes I've found this week from across the web:
- Pasta for lunch? Smoky Tomato Roasted Pepper and Arugula Pasta
- My friend Angie over at "Dishes Undressed" featured a Mid West Vegetarian Burger. I might have to try this one out this weekend.
- The clouds have been making an appearance around town. Time for some soup!
- Beautiful natural vibrant salad. I could eat this every day for lunch.
- Any one use Tofu on a regular basis? I'm not an average user but these Tofu Triangle Bites look good.
Don't drool too much over all the recipes ;)